Bria Pilates Teacher Certification Program: Postponed Until Further Notice
Join the fast-growing industry of mind-body exercise. Become a Certified Pilates Instructor and help others achieve health and fitness!
Bria Pilates Teacher Training Program is designed to empower participants to teach the principles, philosophy and art of Pilates.
This unique 12-month training course expands upon the foundations created by Joseph Pilates and provides kinesiology education to explain how and why this work is uniquely tailored to each individual to account for differences in body type, injuries and health concerns, daily activities and goals. Participants who successfully complete this course will be prepared to instruct and help people of all backgrounds and fitness levels.
Taught by Misty Moon Nickel, Katalin Gyorgy, Heidi Byrnes and Suzanne Lynch, Licensed Physical Therapist, the course will include comprehensive study of anatomy, injury and how the exercise science of Pilates interfaces and compliments the modern medical science of physical therapy.
The 500-hour training course includes anatomy, philosophy, exercise, and teaching skills. Teacher Training group size is limited. Each practitioner will be individually guided through each component of study including aspects of learning and specific teaching techniques. Because of the small group size, ample time is available through the year to practice teaching privates and classes pre-organized by Bria Pilates. Self-study, observation and teaching practice may be completed at Bria Pilates or at approved remote locations. Certification of Completion will be given to all participants who successfully complete the course and Certification Testing is available upon completion.
Upon completion of the course, students will be qualified to:
- Teach in accordance with the original principles of Joseph Pilates
- Instruct all original exercises on all Pilates apparatus, including the reformer, Cadillac, chair and barrels as well as a wide range of preparatory exercises
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical principles
- Plan comprehensive and safe Pilates programs, tailored to individual needs for both group and private instruction
- Assess postural types and identify postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions for injury and prevention
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
- Work with specific populations
- Teach quality Pilates exercises in all working scenarios
- Begin a career as a high level professional Pilates Instructor!
The 500-hour course will include these elements:
- 150 hours of exercise, lecture, and practice
- 100 hours of anatomy and injury lecture, taught by Suzanne Lynch, Licensed Physical Therapists
- 80 hours private Pilates or group class Pilates exercise participation
- 40 hours of self-study, including literature, videos, self-guided workouts
- 40 hours of observation
- 60 hours practice teaching
- 40 hours of apprenticeship
Misty Moon Nickel, Advanced Teacher Trainer, Bria Staff and Suzanne Lynch, Bria's on-staff Physical Therapist, will begin the next teacher training intensive on a TBD date. Certify to become a Pilates Instructor or enjoy this unique opportunity to dive deeper into the comprehensive study of mind-body exercise.
1. 9 weekend intensives of lecture and practice- 18 hours per weekend
2. One 90 min anatomy class per week
3. Additional out of classroom study, practice teaching and observation time.
Have to miss a class? No problem! All class time is videoed and all lecture classes can be taken or made up online at your own time and convenience. Please speak to us if you are from out of the Seattle area and plan to take the entire course from a distance.
Costs and course details:
Comprehensive Course including all Equipment Repertoire, Programing and Injury Comprehension: Course Dates TBA
$4500 for entire course paid prior to course start. Payment plans available.
Additional costs will include 6 books and 4 written manuals.
Group classes and private sessions are mandatory elements of course. Bria provides a 20% discount on selected additional services to course participants.
90-minute anatomy lectures will be held one evening per week throughout the course and begin the second week in September. Lectures may also be watched online to accommodate for schedule conflicts.
Students that successfully complete this course will be prepared to sit for the Bria Pilates Certification Exam as well as the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam.
Please email completed applications to email@example.com or send to: Bria 101 Nickerson Street Suite 110 Seattle, WA 98109
Bria Pilates Teacher Training Program is a Licensed Vocational School of the State of Washington
PMA Member/Idea Member
Bria Career Opportunities
For health and wellness to extend to our clients, we believe it must start with our staff. We value work/life balance, personal and intellectual growth and laughter. Our full-time employees (25+ per week) enjoy paid time off, a health and wellness benefit, continuing education opportunities and much more. Please see current opportunities below.
Certified Pilates Instructor (Minimum 12 hours a week)
Bria instructors have positive momentum for growth in their practice and engage their clientele with a personal commitment to wellness. Instructors are trained and experienced in developing customized fitness programs to meet client needs - whether it is rehabilitation, physical fitness or overall health. Instructors enjoy working one-on-one with clients, as well as with groups of 2 to 10.
Bria instructors also possess:
- Certified in Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and Barrels in contemporary training program.
- Minimum one year experience preferred.
- Experience in muscular rehabilitation, detailed spine and joint alignment and careful accurate fitness plans preferred.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to take part in staff and community events
Bria offers Private and Semi-private Sessions throughout the day as well as 30+ equipment-based group classes throughout the week. In addition to this permanent position, we are actively updating and increasing our substitute list. Anyone interested in either the permanent position or sub position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.